Sunday, June 17, 2012

My First Machinima - Circa Oct/Nov 2010

One of the officers in our guild was running a screen shot contest for a game time card. She had been doing this for a few months, but I never was happy with any screen shots I had so I never submitted any.

I was still wanting to try my hand at making a machinima. The computer I was using at the time was an HP mini tower that was purchased in like 2004. Crappy on-board video card, missing parts, seized up fans, it's a wonder I was able to raid at all.

The November contest was 'In the Jungle". I went out to try to take some screen shots, and it hit me that I was going to use this as my first inspiration for my first machinima. It was the end of the Wrath of Lich King expansion, and I was bored to tears anyway (since I had already finished my biggest goal, which was getting the Insane Title.).

All I had was this old Windows XP computer and Windows Movie Maker. Everyone has to start somewhere. The fun part was that I was working on this just as the Pre-Cataclysm patch dropped, so I was able to capture some of the events that were going on in-game during that time. It's kinda like filming a piece of history, cause these events are not ones you will ever see in-game again.




I was really worried for a while about the copyright issues that might arise. I had already purchased this CD back in the day, and the mp3 from iTunes.

I did get a copyright notification from YouTube about the ContentID match, but all they did was put the links up of where the song could be purchased at, and the link to the artist page...oh and those Ads that pop up, I don't get any revenue from those. Not sure who does.

I know it's not near Wowcrendor, Nyhm, Madcow, or Oxhorn level, but it's a start.



No comments:

Post a Comment